Carnival Cruise Documents
Register For Our Newsletter
First Name
Last Name
Email Address
Information regarding Cruise Documents

We know that you must be bursting with excitement in anticipation of your upcoming cruise! Guess what? We are, too! Carnival has many fun-filled and memorable activities planned for you and can't wait to welcome you on board.

Now, since Carnival cannot spell FUN without "U", we want to take a moment of your time to remind you of the travel documents you will need to sail with Carnival.

If you are a U.S. citizen, we strongly encourage you to bring an original, valid U.S. passport as this will expedite your debark process and will be required if you need to return home by air due to an unexpected emergency.

Alternatively, you may also bring one of the following acceptable travel documents:

  • Passport Card
  • Original or suitable (legible) quality copy of a Birth Certificate (issued by the Department of Vital Statistics)
  • Original Certificate of Naturalization
  • Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)
  • Enhanced Tribal Card (Native American Indians)
  • Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card, e.g., Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card
  • A Consular Report of Birth Abroad

Originals or copies of the following will NOT be allowed:

  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Hospital "Certificate of Birth"

A government-issued photo ID is also required for all guests 16 years and older. For more information on Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant documents, Click Here or contact us at

If you are a Non-U.S. citizen, it is important you contact us or your consulate.

Also, don't forget to pre-register online since it will speed up your check-in process at the pier and get you onboard faster. To do that, visit Carnival at Carnival.Com/BookedGuests. From there, you will be able to print your boarding pass, luggage tags and other cruise documents.

Thanks for choosing Carnival and Sims Family Tours & Travel!

Bob and Connie Sims, Owners
Sims Family Tours & Travel